I planted these Hollyhock seeds a few weeks back, now they are peeking up out of the ground. This is my first time planting flower seeds. I can't wait to see what they will look like next summer.... of course posting the flower seed package next to it helps.... right :)
This is my Hydrangea... it will soon have beautiful pink flowers.
This wonderful poem below speaks about blooming where you are planted. God knows where each of us are in our own lives and that sometimes it is difficult for us to "lift our flowers high" to bless others around us, especially when we are facing tough times or trials. But with His help and His strength to get us through, we will soon be able to BLOOM again where He has planted us!
Master Gardener, help me be
Content with where You’ve planted me;
You carefully place each seed you sow,
And choose the soil to make it grow,
A shady nook or sunlit plot,
A wooded glen or garden spot;
And when you send the storm and shower,
You give me strength and inner power;
All things come that You might be
Glorified, my God, in me;
And so I’ll lift my flowers high,
To cheer and bless each passerby;
And may they see within my face
The beauty of Your love and grace;
So help me, Lord, to ever be
Blooming where You planted me.
—Wm. Claire Greiner
4 comments:
The fragrances from your garden must be so wonderful!
And the beauty is delightful.
What a beautiful poem and a good reminder! I have hollyhocks in my yard and they are some of my easiest flowers to grow.
I like how you shared this today. My grandma grew Hollyhocks so of course they bring me special memories.
I LOVE this poem Cricket....I borrowed it for my facebook. I hope that was ok with you.
Thank you for writing. Your blog is fun to read.
Love you
Kathy Clark
Post a Comment