In this day and age where eating "healthy" is better for a longer life, my husband and I are constantly trying to find ways to eat healthier. We have found a healthy alternative to refined white sugar. My husband is a diabetic ( we are thankful at this point he does not have to take any medication ) and has to watch his sugar intake, so we are always looking to find an alternative, healthy sweetner for him to use. We have tried several different sweetners but have found this one to be our favorite. It is called Blue Agave Syrup. Keith uses it in his tea, on pancakes and waffles, and adds it to his oatmeal. It is delicious and has no after taste that some other sweetners have because it is natural. It can be most useful for people who are diabetic, have insulin resistance (Type II, non-insulin dependant) or are simply watching their carbohydrate intake.
(Blue Agave Plant)
More Info About Blue Agave:
It has a low glycemic level and is a delicious and safe alternative to table sugar. Unlike the crystalline form of fructose, which is refined primarily from corn, Agave Nectar is sweet in its natural form. This nectar does not contain processing chemicals. Even better, because it is sweeter than table sugar, less is needed in your recipes and meals. In recipes, use about 75% less of this nectar that you would use of table sugar. ¼ cup of Agave Nectar should equal 1 cup of table sugar. Due to its slow absorption by the human body, Agave Nectar works as intelligent caloric food, since it is absorbed according to the body needs. Agave Nectar is the natural caloric sweetener with the lowest glicemic index. Under medical control it can be used by diabetic people (Type II, non-insulin dependant).
I use Blue Agave in my coffee now instead of sugar each morning.
I'm still working on the cream part... ....one thing at a time.
4 comments:
This is exactly what I should be using.
That is great information! My mom is diabetic and will tell her about it!
Thanks for stopping by today! : )
Kim
I look forward to trying Blue Agave. Thanks for the tip. Is tequila made from aguave as well? maybe I should try that instead:)
I bought some at The Mustard Seed -- now I have to start using it! :)
Post a Comment