Monday, October 4, 2010

A Time to Retreat



This past weekend I went to a Ladies Retreat for the church that I work for.  The location was back in the mountains of a town called, Montecito. The retreat venue was at  La Casa de Maria.  The scenery was absolutely beautiful and very peaceful. Nature surrounded us everywhere we went. 
The theme of the retreat was, "The Gifts We Give" from 1 Peter 4:10.  


Three ladies spoke on the spiritual gifts that God has given to them and they were - the gift of gardening, the gift of quilting and crafting and the last one was the "Gift" that we can be to others as an encouragement in one another's lives. 

Each speaker gave each lady a little "gift" as a reminder of what they spoke on... a gardening shovel and packet of flower seeds, a homemade pin cushion and a refrigerator magnet that says,
 "Let It Begin With Me".


I also got to share this wonderful retreat weekend with one of my favorite people.... my sister. 
 
 




When we arrived, some of us came empty. But when we departed, we took with us.... much.
1 Peter 4:10
As each one has recived a special gift, employ it in serving one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I love Women's Retreats.
Your retreat location is breathtaking!
Cute sister picture, also.

Ronda said...

SIS, GOOD JOB! I HAD SO MUCH FUN SPENDING TIME WITH YOU.

Just a little something from Judy said...

I missed you and your blog posts. It was so good to spend a few minutes here this morning. What a gorgeous place to retreat with other women and spiritual gifts is a great and important topic. I would have loved being able to attend a retreat like that, especially being able to spend time with your sister. You both look so young.

I like your Monday post picture and the thought of new beginings too. Each new week I feel like I have been given a new, clean slate. Keep posting. I'll be back.

steviewren said...

It's been a long time since I went on a Ladies Retreat, but I remember I always felt renewed in Spirit and by the fellowship with like-minded women.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Please come back again.