Saturday, July 16, 2011

Milky Way Bar Treats



These treats are super easy and wonderful
for a picnic, pool party or beach trip.

My daughter-in-law's favorite candy bar is a
Milky Way bar so I found this recipe and made
these for her.
She told me they are "Bomb"... that's good right  ;)



Milky Way Bars


Ingredients:

3- king size Milky Way Bars (or 11.24 oz fun size bag)
2- sticks butter
3 1/2- cups of Rice Crispies Cereal
1- bag of chocolate chips

Directions:

Chop Milky Way bars and melt them in a large pot with 1 stick of the butter over medium-low heat, for 2 to 3 minutes until
 melted completely. Remove from heat. 
Stir in Rice Crispies cereal. Blend Well. Press into greased 9 x 13" pan.

In another pan, melt the second stick of butter and the bag of chocolate chips over medium-low heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Pour chocolate over bars and spread evenly.  Put into the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.  Take out and slice into 16 bars.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh I a laughing and shaking my head..this is not good!! I have been on a teenage junk food craze lately...mainly do to the stress of moving and I have such a sweet tooth.

Oh well, I will have to copy this recipe, use some strong will, to not make it right now and eat it all by myself.

Kim's Treasures said...

These look incredible!!! I WILL be making these! Thanks for sharing! I bet your daughter in law loved them!

Christine said...

Hummmm... the bome? Yes, that means it's not only good but GREAT!
You just made a lot of brownie points.

Beth said...

Milky Ways are my brother's favorite! I know what to make him for his birthday, now. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Yummy! I will have to make those when I need to take a treat to share or else I'll eat them all myself!