Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Giving Thanks & A Little Christmas Cheer


We were so blessed and thankful to
have spent this Thanksgiving with our daughter
and son in law in Texas.


Their baby is due in just eight weeks!

Where has the time gone?


This visit to Texas, we traveled via "road trip".

We had some items to deliver to the young
couple, now that they have their own house.

It was a bit difficult for me to pack up some of
these items and keepsakes
that belong to my daughter. 

Looking through the boxes of pictures, yearbooks,diaries,notes, etc.
 brought back a flood of memories.

When they are young, you never think about this day,
the day that you give them
 back "your memories".

I found myself sitting there with those precious memories in my hands not wanting to part with
any of them.

But alas (sigh)... now that she is grown,
and married, with a baby on the way,
it was time to relinquish those items.

I am still getting used to this "new season"
in my life.  But, I am getting there, thankfully.

I just take it day- by- day.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Now, on that note, how about some
cheer, Christmas Cheer to be exact.

On our long drive home, we stopped
in a quaint little town, at a quaint little park,
that was already decorated for Christmas.




The entrance to the city displayed the
Christmas decor high for everyone to see.




At the quaint and charming little park,
you could not miss the 30 ft. tall Christmas Tree.







Nor, the 30 ft. tall German Christmas Pyramid.
This was absolutely beautiful!









And... just one last picture.

It was so nice of my husband, Keith to
pose for this one, at the park. I was really
missing my daughter on the drive home and
this definately turned my frown upside down.

Thanks Sweets!






9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a bitter sweet time, tucking away the past and embracing the future in an entirely different shape. I hope this new season is full of delightful surprises and unexpected joy! The pictures of the German Christmas pyramid are so great, I've never seen one before.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip to my state and especially to your daughter's home. Oh wow, time has flown..and a precious one on the way...enjoy!

I am walking down that season with four of mine...still don't know when the right time is to let go of somethings...I learned from the first married that his wife didn't want the stuff...I found it outside in the rain...so now I am holding back before releasing. What I thought was a treasure she did not...LOL

Happy Belated Thanksgiving and enjoy getting ready for that little one and another trip to see the baby....and of course, enjoy this new season of life.

Christine said...

Oh My Gosh! She is so cute!
Look at her belly, eight weeks?

Saying good-by to the things is hard. Just remember, you will be making some really great memories with that little person, just waiting to be kissed by Grandma.

Now, look at all that beautiful sunshine. Though I do see a jacket on Keith. Glad this special Christmas place took away the sadness.

Just a little something from Judy said...

Your daughter looks so cute in her last weeks of pregnancy. I know your heart must contain so many mixed emotions, because I have daughters too that have been on this journey. I felt for you as I read your words, and then smiled with you as I saw the last picture.

Beth said...

I could hardly read your post without tearing up, I'm glad that day is (hopefully) at least a decade away for me. I'm sorry you're missing your daughter so much. She is very cute with that belly though!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a beautiful picture of your daughter. She looks amazing. And, how exciting to be having a precious baby join your family.

I loved the pictures of the decorations in the town you stopped in ou your way home. Amazing.

Praying for you in your 'new' season!

Debbie said...

Well, first, your daughter looks amazing! She's a beautiful mom to be.

And how fun does that park look? I need to show my daughters the picture of the German pyramid.

Anonymous said...

nice post! thanks for sharing... God bless you...loves soraya

corners of my life said...

Such a thoughtful way to say something so dear to our hearts . . .
the day that you give them back "your memories".