Tuesday, December 18, 2012

moose on the loose


(continued from previous post)


Our Moose decided he was tired of just sitting
on the ledge at the entrance of our home.


So, one day last week, he vanished.

We looked high and low for him...
mostly low.

I found out from my friend, Donna, that
Moose had been in contact with her elf, Pepe.

The two friends wanted to go on an adventure;
something other than shelf and ledge sitting.


This is where they were found the first day...


on the back of my hubby's motorcycle as he left for work.


I guess Alaska was their destination.


Unfortunately for them, hubby's company is
just 40 minutes drive from our home.


They were able to "hold on" all the way there,



so Keith decided to put them to work in the shop
to keep them out of trouble.



But during the day he found them here...


at the shipping/ UPS station trying to figure out
how much it would cost to get to Alaska by mail!


In the end, they decided Alaska was too far
and too expensive to travel to,
 so they just hung out at our home for the next few days.


They promised to stay out of trouble...


but one of our neighbor's down the street heard
some noises outside her house and took this picture!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pepe has since returned home and is being his usual
helpful self in the Najera household.




And Moose has since returned to the ledge where he
has resided for many a December.


He has found a new friend... a moose-elf.

I believe he is content...
at least for now.

3 comments:

Christine said...

You could make this post a book.
I want to read this to my grandchildren. How cute!

I ready for Moose and Elf's next adventure.

Ronda said...

Cute story,I am glad they are both home in their cozy houses.

Beth said...

So cute! I bet you and your husband had fun with this!