Tuesday, December 11, 2012

of christmas spirit, and a moose


As I sit here writing this post,
 it is the early morning hours
here in Southern California. 

 The sun is finding its way up and over our lovely mountains
that surround our little valley.

The temperature here today will be 70 degrees.

But even with all of this lovely weather and beautiful
location that I live in,
there is something that I must admit.


I  admit I have been slow to "receive" the Christmas Spirit this year.


It could be that we won't be seeing our daughter, son-in-law
and baby granddaughter, Gianna, this Christmas.

It could be that I don't relish the idea of "taking down" all
of the Christmas decorations at the end of the month and
storing them all away.

I am sure it is some of both.


This past weekend I decided that I only would put up
"some" of my decor to make it look Christmas(y)...



Because, I still have two granddaughter's here who will want
to see Cookie & Papa's house readied for Santa!



We purchased our tree this past weekend and as we started to hang
each ornament on the tree,
(many handmade by my own children)

the memories of our children gifting these ornaments to us and
the excitement on each of their faces
as they watched us open their creations;

... my heart was warming.


The many years of their little hands hanging their prized creations on our
Christmas tree year after year...

Well, how could that NOT put the Christmas Spirit into my heart?


Our kids made these little snowmen one Christmas with
their Great Aunt.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


One of my decorations that I put up each year,
is this little big guy.


Our Christmas Moose.



He recently told me that he is pretty tired of only sitting on this ledge,
every Christmas season.



He says that he may have been inspired this year by all of the posts of this
little rascal...





I told him that he looks wonderful right -where- he- is,
as he sits at the entrance to our home,
and greets everyone as they come through our door.


I also said that I do not like some of the places that,
that naughty elf has been found

AND...



MOOSE??


MOOSE!!!!!




5 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I love the moose...too much fun. And yeah for you decorating...I think the saddest thing was when my parents stopped decorating, my children don't have any memories of their home decorated

Robyn said...

OK, LOVE the moose!.. LOL those little snowmen are precious.. I love all your decorations. I think it all looks wonderful..
Robyn :)

Ronda said...

Your house is always beautifully decorated at Christmas sis! There are always going to be many memories of old and many that will be made new. Can't wait to see you this weekend, we will get in the Christmas spirit decorating our Christmas cookies with the kids.

Christine said...

I totally understand about not in the mood for decorating. But I pushed through that and did some.

That Moose is hilarious! Where did he go? He shouldn't be hard to find.
Let us know where he ended up.

corners of my life said...

I feel like the missing moose may be an ongoing story here.