Friday, June 17, 2011

The Dress. The Cake. The Couple. Amen.


This past weekend was the BIG DAY for my son and his new bride. 
They were married in a small ceremony in Las Vegas.


BUT... before any of that. Some of you wanted to know what DRESS
I chose for the wedding.  I really wanted a simple black dress.
After much searching, I could not find a black dress that looked
as good on me as it did on the hanger (you know what I mean).

This is what I bought.



And now with the black sweater.






Next...because my son and his bride chose to have a small wedding in the end,they had a small CAKE
It actually was a "surprise" for the bride. 
She had picked this cake out months before when
they were thinking about a larger wedding. 

 My son decided to have the cake made anyway
 and it was transported 300 miles
 by the parents of the groom.  
It was packed carefully in a box,
by my husband, and we had to keep
it at just the "right" temperature, not
too hot or too cold. 



Well... it made it just fine, thankfully!








The ceremony was simple and this COUPLE
became man and wife on 6-11-11.






What a memorable weekend it was, as this man, was joined
with this woman, forever and ever.... AMEN!




AND our family continues to grow....



7 comments:

Ronda said...

That was a beautiful story, thanks or sharing. Wish we all could have been there to help them celebrate.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh how awesome...and just beautiful. So you will think of marriage in June, like we do with our anniversary, and then again in August with your own anniversary, while I think of my son's marriage...6 years this August.

This is just beautiful...the cake so fun! And years and years of marriage blessings...as we all know God is the one who is in control and He makes us one. May the forming them into one be a true testimony of God's greatness.

Debbie said...

"Oh they say when you marry in June, you're a bride all your life... and the bridegroom who marries in June gets a sweetheart for a wife..."

(In my head, I just sounded like Jane Powell from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers")

I sing that every year on my JUNE anniversary. Congrats to the new June bride and her handsome groom!

You must be very proud and happy. I love the cake, and that last shot of your son carrying his new wife made me smile the most.

Oh, and I give your dress two enthusiastic thumbs up!

corners of my life said...

When I saw the dress "thumbnail" on my sidebar I couldn't wait to see your post. You look beautiful and everyone looks so happy. Congratulations!!

Christine said...

You're not supose to out shine the bride! You look great! Defiantly not a Grandmother.
It's great that your love for this little family is so passionate.

Beth said...

Perfect choice for a dress, the watercolor look is very in right now (Good Housekeeping told me so)and you looked beautiful. Best wishes to the happy threesome!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I am so happy to be reading your posts today. The dress you chose for the wedding is a perfect choice and looks so good on you. Your family picture is beautiful! I appreciate that you shared the wedding pictures. The smiles on each of their faces says it all. I am amazed at how far that wedding cake traveled and still looks perfect. Thank you for allowing us to be part of such a special celebration. I wish them the best as they begin their lives together, along with their pretty little girl.