A lovely shade of GREEN
and many other colors.
( In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day)
Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck.
~Author Unknown~
This past week, my cousin Lisa
from Ohio, came to visit me.
Because of the distance between
Ohio & California,
Ohio & California,
our visits to each other are few and far between.
While she was here, we visited
The Los Angeles Arboretum & Botanic Gardens.
There we found many lovely shades of
green and many other colors.
![]() |
| Be careful Lisa..ouch! Greenest of Green! Oriental Garden |
And now a bit of trivia.
Can you guess where you have
seen this building before?
I will give you a hint...
"Da Plane...Da Plane"!
Yes, this is the building that you saw
on the television show, Fantasy Island.
It is called, the Queen Anne Cottage.
The cottage was built back in 1885-1886.
This is the coach barn.
I thought this was the "coolest" picture. This is Lisa and I looking into
the inside of the cottage through the window. Our reflection was caught
in the mirror over the fireplace. Look at the beautiful tapestry above!
I leave you with a picture of the
"three musketeer's"
Now...
(My sister Ronda, cousin Lisa and I)
And Then...
We can't wait for our next visit
with you, Lisa.
Hope it is not too far away!


















9 comments:
Sounds like a fun time for all of you. How fun to see those turtles sunning on the branch.
What a beautiful way to spend the day! And oh yes, I do remember Fantasy Island!
I love the recreated photo of the three of you together. I think Lisa better enjoyed having her picture taken THIS time.
Blessings, Debbie
Sis, great blog. Oh what memories, too bad I look like I was crying in the early photo. It was a great time and it is always precious. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Cricket, I loved seeing these sights-there are so many so.Ca. sights I've never seen. I immediately recognized the house from Fantasy Island-just didn't realize it was in Ca. Glad to know you are still close with your cousin.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Noreen
I agree with you, that picture you took through the window is great.
I can tell you had a fun time. The pictures tell it all.
Cute, cute, cute picture of the three of you.
Now and then pictures are so much fun. You all aged beautifully! I like the picture of you two looking in the mirror of the cottage. I like the one of the turtles sunning on the log. Sounds like a fun time just being together again.
I knew that was the Fantasy Island house before you gave the hint! I loved Fantasy Island! Love the two photos of the 3 of you, very cute!
I love the "then and now" photos the best. That's so cool that you got that.
Your other pictures are gorgeous, and I would be content just to live in the carriage house. What a gorgeous place.
Of course, now I'll be talking like Tatoo for the next hour. I'm odd like that.
Post a Comment