Monday, February 7, 2011
Peanut Butter Valentine Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
36 (heart shaped) chocolate candies
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Beat in flour and baking soda.
Drop by rounded tablespoons into ungreased mini-muffin cups. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven; gently press a chocolate heart into each cup. Cool cookies on wire racks for at least 10 minutes.
Remove cookies from muffin cups with a butter knife.
(I left mine in the muffin cups and served them that way)
Serve warm or cool completely on wire racks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Can you imagine what it did to me this morning when I saw your peanut butter cookies and I was here with my hot cup of coffee? What an attractive way to share love with someone on Valentine's Day! I just must try these. Thanks for the recipe.
Mmm...these look yummy!
OK, you got me with your title and now I have to make these! No really, I have to make these!
Simple recipe and my favorite two ingredients, peanut butter and chocolate.
Oh, am I in trouble!
These sound like some cookies that my mom makes and puts kisses on top. BUT hers aren't in mini muffin cups so they aren't nearly as pretty as these.
I love the way these look. They are kind of "formal" looking and a full step above your run of the mill cookie.
I would love to try them!
Post a Comment