Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fifteen Weeks



This week my daughter, Kristen, is 15 weeks pregnant. 

She is in the beginning of her second trimester.

She has a tiny "baby bump" now and is 
still feeling nauseous in the evenings & hoping for some relief
from that soon.

BUT she is also overflowing with JOY as she begins each new week
of carrying her child and seeing how he/she is growing.


Each Monday,a new week of pregnancy,
 she calls and reads to me and tells me how her child
is growing and changing, from her book,
"What to Expect When You Are Expecting".


15 weeks pregnant

Your Baby in Week 15 of Pregnancy

One way to deal with the havoc of pregnancy hormones: Focus on how much is happening with your baby. She's about the size of an orange this week, her ears have migrated to the sides of her head, and her eyes are moving to the front of her face. Plus, your little smarty-pants can now wiggle her fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside the womb.


Now, I could go on-line myself or get a book to read about how my
grandchild is developing each week ... but I don't.


Because, I so look forward to the beginning of each week,
as my sweet daughter calls to tell me how much
her baby is growing and developing in her womb.

I love hearing the excitement in her voice,
 as she tells me of the changes in her own body and 
the "always" question ...

"Mom, did you feel that way or look that way when
you were pregnant with me?"


Only 174 more days
until she can hold that baby in her arms.





And... in early September she and her hubby
find out if the baby is a HE or a SHE. 


Oh, what fun being a Grandparent to this baby will be!




10 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm told by everyone that if I thought the Great Mommy Adventure was wonderful, I should see the Great GRANDmommy one.

I am excited for you!
(And aren't grandmothers much younger looking today than they were when we were kids? Wink.)

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh it is truly such a wonderful experience and it never get old. It has only been six years since I walked down the pregnancy road, and even though it was my sixth I still enjoyed all the development each week...oh how fun to experience from the side of grandmother
Congratulations to all...take it all in...

Unknown said...

What sweet times! Pregnancy transformed my relationship with my mother, I loved sharing it with her. I'm astounded how much we are able to know about what is happening with those little ones tucked away in the secret.

Christine said...

All I can say is, pregnancy is a miracle. God's perfect plan!

You are a perfect Grandma. Love how you wait to hear the news from your daughter.

Beth said...

So exciting for both of you! Maybe in Septemebr they will find out iit is both...twins!! :)

corners of my life said...

I love hearing the excitement in your voice.

tincanlily said...

How exciting for everyone!
denise

Just a little something from Judy said...

I sense your excitement. I remember those sweet calls from our daughters. I am just so happy for all of you.

Diana Ferguson said...

Happy for you!

Betsy Brock said...

how wonderful! :)