Okay, I have tried really hard, not to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving.
It has been to no avail though ... I gave in! I have been streaming Christmas music at home, in my car, and on my phone. There is just something about those jolly, heart - warming, spiritual and uplifting tunes. They make you smile, praise and want to sing out loud!
Here is my small collection of Christmas music and I cannot forget my
favorite Christmas movie of all time, "A Christmas Story".
favorite Christmas movie of all time, "A Christmas Story".
"Sing Along With Mitch Miller" was the only Christmas album that we owned while I was growing up. Every year on Christmas morning, we would play this record on our turn table and listen to Mitch and his Gang, as we opened our Christmas presents in the early morning hours. I still love this album, as it brings back many happy memories from my childhood. My dad was sweet enough to make me a CD of Mitch Miller a few years back and give it to me for Christmas.
It was one of the best gifts that I received that year.
These are two of my very favorite Christmas Albums/CD's. - "Home for Christmas" by Amy Grant and "A Christmas Story" by Point of Grace. Both of these CD's are over 10 yrs. old and they still continue to bless my heart, year after year. I know the words to all of the songs and I love singing them out loud!
There are so many genres of new Christmas albums out there and I am looking to buy a few new ones. I enjoy all of my old favorites but would like to add to my collection.
So, I am asking all of you... What are some of your favorites?
There are so many genres of new Christmas albums out there and I am looking to buy a few new ones. I enjoy all of my old favorites but would like to add to my collection.
So, I am asking all of you... What are some of your favorites?



7 comments:
I'm with you friend.
I'm SO ready to pull out my Christmas music/movies.....I'm hoping to do so this weekend.
I'm only working Monday next week...so let the holidays begin at our home!
I love Mitch, I listen to the copy dad gave me all the time. Such great memories.
Sing A Long With Mitch!?! That is a great one!
We have a pretty big collection of Christmas music, including the ones you have. I love them, too! The other ones that stand out are: Joy, by Avalon (2000)
Believe, by Natalie Grant (2005)
Repeat the Sounding Joy by Phillips Craig & Dean (1996)
Christmas is Jesus, by Bryan Duncan (1995)
and finally, one of my all-time favorites Christmas The Season of Love by 4Him (1998).
My favorites span the years too!
We mix it up when we play our Christmas music, with some jazz, some Handel's Messiah, and some baroque instrumental.
It was fun to pick out my favorites to share - they're still available on Amazon!
(But I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving to start streaming :) )
The one that my girls request me to play every single Christmas "Evie's Christmas, Come on Ring Those Bells". I don't know if that is the correct name but it is their favorite. I do like the Amy Grant's Christmas and any other kind of Christmas music.
Usually I am annoyed at the "Christmas push" before Thanksgiving but for some reason this year I am enjoying it. I haven't gotten out our CD's yet and since memory often fails me I am at a loss to recommend one yet.
That Amy Grant CD is my favorite as well. You just can't beat it. I have a Young Messiah CD from a performance I went to years ago that is a must listen as well.
Post a Comment