Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful Happenings

This was a week of "happenings"...


I happened to celebrate the last year of my forties. Next year is the Big one! But I do know someone who celebrated that one, 
this year.. 


Keith happened to turn the Big 50 this week. I surprised him with a cake and his employees singing, "Happy Half a Century" to him at his workplace.



It also happened to be Thanksgiving this week. We had family over to our house to celebrate all that we are thankful for plus turkey and all of the fixin's.


I cored out the middle of a few large apples and put candles in them and placed a few pumpkins and candles.


Just a very simple table but when the candles were lit..



Oh... the Ambiance.


Everyone happened to take home with them, some homemade cranberry-orange carmel corn.(Recipe will follow shortly)


This past week just happened to be one of so much to be thankful for. For birthdays,family,friends,food and fellowship. Thank you Lord for all of the Blessings and provisions that you give to us each and every day! 
 We are so very, THANKFUL.

5 comments:

Christine said...

You had a busy week!
And a great idea to send everyone home with a special treat.
Yes, you are blessed.

Ronda said...

We do have a lot to be thankful for. I think sometimes we take it for granted. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

corners of my life said...

I look forward to the cranberry-orange carmel corn recipe. Sound delicious.

Happy Birthday Keith!
Fifty isn't so bad after all!

tincanlily said...

Happy birthday! I am also looking forward to seeing the carmel corn recipe.
denise

Just a little something from Judy said...

Happy belated birthday to you and your husband! What a busy Thanksgiving holiday you all had. The tablescape looks so pretty, especially with candlelight. Thanks for sharing the popcorn recipe. Looks so good to me.