Part
of
my
lives in TEXAS.
In fact, It moved there 2 1/2 years ago. It loaded itself into Its cute little black car, with all of Its worldly belongings and drove there, with me in the passenger seat, on a 2 day trek. It arrived in the city of Houston, to be exact. I was sure in a year or less, It would be back in California, where It belonged. So, I flew back to California and left part of my heart there.
Here is a picture of this part of my heart...
also known as my daughter, Kristen.
While this part of my heart was there, she really enjoyed her independence living in this new state. She met new people, worked hard at her job and attended classes at the community college.
Then she was introduced to a very special young man.
After a short courtship, part of my heart and this young man knew they wanted a future together....
and the future would be marriage and then to reside in Texas. (This was not easy for this California mom who always thought this part of her heart would always live close by)
Who knows what the future holds for this California mom (and her man). One day, they may leave the majestic vistas, perfect sunny climate and coastal views... for flat land, high humidity, BBQ and everything BIG- Big belt buckles, big hats, big hair and big bugs!
The Lone Star State is not calling to both of us, just yet...
well maybe...just one.




6 comments:
Very sweet, Crickit! I know how you feel, as I have two that left the nest, moving across the country. Thankfully, the first one returned and now lives close by. But I have part of my heart living in CA whilst I reside in FL.
Yes, that's a good way to put it. Thanks for the metaphor to explain it!
Oh Cricket...
This post is one of those happy/sad ones. Happy for Kristen but sad for you. I know you are excited for your daughter but to be so far away. Thank goodness for all these wonderful ways of communication.
Have they set a date? They make a cute couple.
Love the hats!
Christine- my daughter is already married. They have been married for a year and a half now. They are the dressed up couple to the right under
my family, at the bottom. They have chosen to live in Texas and are hoping to buy a home there sometime this summer :)
What a cute couple they make and how comforting it must be to you that they are so happy.
This Texas Gal is sending you best wishes this morning! Aw, come on...you'll love it!
I could relate to this post because part of my heart had moved to Texas too, although it was a bit farther from my part of the world. She also got married and they both lived there. Now they moved much closer to where I live. Your daughter is beautiful! And I am so happy for her and the guy she is getting married too. I will look forward to hearing the rest of the story, as to wear your heart will take you. Great post!
Post a Comment