Thursday, March 11, 2010

Life Is A Highway..... i wanna ride it



I am a Backseat Rider (not to be confused with a backseat driver) I ride on the backseat of my husband’s motorcycle where the views are 360 degrees of Pure Bliss! We took up this fun, thrill- seeking hobby about 4 years ago now. When my husband first brought up the idea of buying a motorcycle, I have to admit, I was very skeptical. I was very content sitting inside the safety of the four metal walls of my car; thank you very much. If you knew me, you would know that I err on the side of caution. I am not a thrill seeker by any means. You would never find me sky diving, jumping off trains, cliff diving off waterfalls, riding on roller coasters, swimming in the ocean… OK, the last two aren’t so bad, but you get the picture. I will be the first to admit, I am a scaredy cat and a member of “The Big Chicken’s Club”. I also just could NOT picture myself as a Biker Chick; especially if that meant I had to wear all black leather, boots, a bandanna, skimpy black tank top (with no bra) and a tattoo! Well, I am not sure how my husband did it… BUT he got me on that brand new motorcycle of his. All I can say to that is, NEVER, SAY NEVER. I was a little nervous the first time he took me for a ride, but now I honestly cannot wait to get out on the highway. I don’t know how to describe the feeling really, of riding on a motorcycle, but my husband and I both describe it as therapeutic. For me, it is as relaxing as soaking in a tub with aromatic candles lit all around. It is getting away from all of the busyness of life and its distractions. It is my time to Daydream!

OH, the MEMORIES we have made thus far of our many travels on our bike! We have driven on many “a road less traveled”. We have witnessed so much of God’s Awesome Creation, which we would have missed, had it not been for our journeys on our motorcycle. I think about some of the most beautiful roads we have been on; the mountain roads with their curves and bends; never knowing what to expect around the next corner. Or the beautiful coastal roads, with their ocean views of blue-green waters with white bubbly foam and spectacular sunsets. Not only are the sights fantastic, so are the smells. The smell of the ocean as we pass by… the salty, moist, sea air tickles my senses. I love the sweet smell of the orange and lemon blossoms as we ride through the citrus orchards. My senses come alive as we ride by the farmer’s fields with the smells of cilantro, onions, broccoli and my favorite... strawberries. At times, I close my eyes just to soak it all in. We can't wait for the adventures and memories that are yet ahead!


P.S.
A-hem (clearing my throat)
My motorcycle riding attire is as follows: all black leather, black boots and black jeans and if the weather is warm, I will wear a modest black tank top (bra included) but no tattoo as of yet… ( No, it’s not gonna happen)


I hope that you are enjoying the adventures in your own lives and that you will continue to come along with me...... New things are always happening on the Highways of Life!

1 comment:

Kevin and Erica said...

that's wonderful that you enjoy riding so much! motorcycles scare me to death but just like you said, I'm not gonna say I'll never ride on one cause "NEVER,SAY NEVER". I really enjoy reading your blog :)