When I first thought about starting my own blog, I daydreamed about how much fun I would have putting my “own” words down on the written page, thinking that someone may actually read them. It thrilled me that I could do this without even having a published book and that I could be an author on my “own” terms. I searched the web and checked out several blogs and blog templates. I looked at ordinary templates that probably most use when they are beginners. Well, none of those suited me, I thought. Even if I am a beginner, I want to start out with a very professional, interesting and even cute blog page. When I went on the tutorials of how to start my new blog page, they all said how easy it would be! With it being the weekend and a rainy day, I knew that my husband would be right here if I needed any help. So, I sat down at the computer and started to go through the step by step process. It was very easy at first until I got to the step of adding the name of my blog. I had been thinking long and hard for just the right name. When I entered it, red letters came up to tell me that the name I wanted to use… well, was already taken. I changed the name up a few times for a little variation and still those pesky red letters told me those names were also taken. Well, long story short, I stuck to short and sweet. It is short and to the point, maybe not as creative as I would have liked, but nonetheless, it works for me. Now it was on to the template. I chose one from the blog site, it was very plain and I knew did not suit me at all. I wanted something more interesting. I asked my computer savvy husband if he would come into the office and help me out with a new template that could easily be downloaded from another site. When it comes to blog templates, there are many out there to choose from. I chose one that I thought represented me and was thrilled to know that my husband would be able to change the plain template to a colorful and interesting one. I could then get started setting up my site and even write my first blog…. Of course, this is NOT the way that it happened. My husband downloaded the template and could not get it to work, so I chose another thinking maybe it was just that template. I found another one, he downloaded it and still it wouldn’t work. Because I like to ask questions, I asked my husband the “why” questions, like, why wasn’t it working, and why couldn’t he figure out the coding? I needed to get started on my blog and I had no time for these problems, didn’t he know that?
Several hours later…. the computer screen sat quiet and still in the office. The two chairs sitting in front of the screen (his & hers) were vacant and my husband and I were in different rooms. I don’t know why he got so frustrated with me asking all of my questions. My dad always taught me to ask questions when I did not understand something, I guess it wasn’t too appropriate in this setting.
As the day went on, I saw my husband go back into the office, so I sat quietly in the family room hoping for better results. A short time later, he let out a shout and told me to come back to my chair in the office. He had figured out how to configure the computer coding and was able to get my blog template up and running! I rewarded him with a kiss and a hug! I am very grateful for my husband. He is normally a very patient man; he has had to be, having been married to me for almost 30 years!
So…. here I go, embarking on this new adventure in my life, here it is… my very first Blog!
4 comments:
Crickit, I love your new blog and the team work you and Keith have. Life is FULL of frustrations, but with Christ as your foundation, a listening ear from the Holy Spirit along with obedience, we can see the blessing God has provided us with in the spouse we have. Have fun with this new adventure of doing what you love. Once again, you are BLESSED to have a husband who loves you and wants to be apart of your world. I can't help, but be a tad jealous...not really, I know God knows what's best for me and at the moment, it's being single and loving on my wonderful grandson, Jake. Your friend Rita
To blog is to write to the wind. You never know what the wind will blow back. There are storms from unexpected directions. Pleasant warm weather will dominate your days.
Love You, Dad
you are too cute! I'm can't wait to read all the wonderful posts you will put on your new blog :)
Hi there! Welcome to blog land! LOL! Your beautiful face was on my follower's list so I had to come check you out! I married my high school sweetheart in 1983! :)
Post a Comment