Definition of: Mother-in-Law
c.1440, "mother of one's spouse," from mother + in-law (q.v.). Also in early use, "stepmother." In British slang c.1884; mother-in-law was "a mixture of ales old and bitter."
Just utter the word “Mother-in-Law” to most people that you know, and what comes to their minds? It is usually not a pretty picture or group of words, as you can see in the definition above. I hope to CHANGE that definition, at least in my family.
I am a Mother-in-Law to one son, my daughter’s husband. I am still somewhat new at this since they have only been married for 10 months now. I love this young man and am proud to welcome him to our family as my new son; and I look forward to him being a part of my life for many years to come.
To My Son-in-Law: I hope to be encouraging, supportive, loving, and a good listener. I pray that God would help me know when to keep my mouth shut and when it is ok to open it. I pray that my words would always be uplifting, encouraging, and never hurtful.
I am so excited to see what God will do in the lives of these two precious ones that he brought together.
For me… it is a privilege to be called, “Mother-in-Law”.
c.1440, "mother of one's spouse," from mother + in-law (q.v.). Also in early use, "stepmother." In British slang c.1884; mother-in-law was "a mixture of ales old and bitter."
Just utter the word “Mother-in-Law” to most people that you know, and what comes to their minds? It is usually not a pretty picture or group of words, as you can see in the definition above. I hope to CHANGE that definition, at least in my family.
I am a Mother-in-Law to one son, my daughter’s husband. I am still somewhat new at this since they have only been married for 10 months now. I love this young man and am proud to welcome him to our family as my new son; and I look forward to him being a part of my life for many years to come.
To My Son-in-Law: I hope to be encouraging, supportive, loving, and a good listener. I pray that God would help me know when to keep my mouth shut and when it is ok to open it. I pray that my words would always be uplifting, encouraging, and never hurtful.
I am so excited to see what God will do in the lives of these two precious ones that he brought together.
For me… it is a privilege to be called, “Mother-in-Law”.
3 comments:
That is so sweet. You will be a good Mother-in-law. Matt is lucky to have you.
This tribute is bursting with love.
you are a very loving mother-in-law and I think it's wonderful that you've thought this much about it (most Mother-in-laws don't). You are so sweet and a very thoughtful, caring person!
Post a Comment