Sunday, March 28, 2010

a proud daughter moment

A few weeks ago my husband and I took a weekend trip to Arizona to visit my dad and step mom. It was a time for my husband and I just to wind down and relax. While we were there we took in a great show at the Arizona Opry. We enjoyed our lunch show with 500 gray haired, "Snow Birds". My husband and I were quite the minority in that room.



My father has recently taken up a new hobby, he joined the photography club in the retirement community where he lives. He has always loved taking pictures (and is good at it) but now he is even more "recharged" and bought a new camera (I think he will continue to upgrade though). He also bought a matting machine in order to mat his own photos. In his photography club they had a photo display show where the photos would be judged. My dad decided to enter some of his photos even though he is not a professional photographer, he really didn't expect to win anything..... but he did! He won a second and third place and two honorable mentions! I am so proud of him! I know that he wants to continually improve and some day get a first place ribbon; he has a lot of tough competition from the other members in his club.

I know my Dad, and because of his hard work and perseverance, I guarantee that one day there will be a "First Place" ribbon, placed neatly on the corner of one of his photos. I am so thankful for him and proud to call myself his daughter and look forward to just another... "proud daughter moment!"


3 comments:

Kathy said...

Your Dad looks awesome. Please give him my love. So glad he is doing well and doing something he loves. I have gotten into photography too, but probably not nearly as good as he is. I need to take some classes.
Blessing Cricket
Kathy

Unknown said...

You take good pictures also. Thanks for the encouragement. Love Ya, Dad

Ronda said...

Nice blog, Daddy should be proud.